Analysis, Structures and Subsets
A graphical approach in the study of relationships between structures over the circle of fifths.
The Decoding the Circle of Vths package consists of an ebook, the "Decoding the Circle of Vths" chart, and manual to the mCircle Online software (which is free to use and accessible using any internet browser) Both, the chart and the ebook are in PDF format.
There are endless ways to apply the concepts presented in the “Decoding the Circle of Vths” chart. From jazz improvisation and voicings to tonal and atonal music composition and theory, many exercises and studies can be designed using this graphical approach to musical structures over the circle of fifths.
The ebook Contents:
1. A formal introduction to the concept and nomenclature. Definitions of modal structures, normal vectors, structure transformations and more, with examples and exercises for each one.
2. A description of the "Decoding the Circle Vths" chart's layout and how to use it when applying the concept.
3. A set of exercises and ideas on how to apply the chart and concept to Jazz improv, Voicings, Composition and Arranging.
4. A brief manual on how to use the mCircle Online software.
5. An appendix with worksheets for studying and applying the concept.